If an Indian tribe, worked through all the bureaucratic process while using Bureau of Indian Affairs and can build an internet casino in downtown Enid, are you for or against it? If you live in Enid and occasionally visit other casinos throughout the state, you most likely run into other people you know from Enid, partaking in the recreation provided by the casinos. These are the same people that have left our town and are spending their recreation dollars elsewhere. They are shopping on the stores, eating on the restaurants, and staying in the hotels in the area.
A brief history:
The capacity to run bingo games was among the many concessions built to tribes in Oklahoma. Then some very ingenious person made a bingo game that looked like a video slot. We have seen the small digital bingo card with the top corner from the display screen of the video slot. From that invention forward, Oklahoma casinos began to spring up everywhere. After all, you are still playing bingo, just inside a new and technical way. Later, a gaming compact between the tribes as well as the State of Oklahoma allowed using Vegas style slot machines, poker, and blackjack. Thus, bigger and casinos were built and are still being built throughout Oklahoma.
A casino are only able to be built within historic tribal boundaries and after that placed inside a trust while using U.S. government. Since Enid doesn't have casino, is the reason? Then upon researching Garfield County, Oklahoma via Wikipedia, it turned out found, that prior to the Land Run of 1893, Garfield County was named O County and was part from the Cherokee Outlet, occupied from the Cherokee people following Treaty of New Echota and also the Cherokee trail of tears. Historically, the location was a hunting ground with the Wichita, Osage, and Kiowa tribes. Does that qualify us to within historic tribal boundaries?
Positive aspects of a casino in Enid:
1. The revenues generated from casinos are come to operate tribal governments and programs due to the citizens. In addition, a portion of the revenue is split using the State of Oklahoma.
2. Tribes utilize the revenues to boost infrastructure.
3. Related sightseeing attractions are built.
4. Jobs are made.
5. The added income and influx of tourists increase retail trade.
6. Promotes tribal economic development.
7. The casinos donate to local charities.
8. A survey of casino patrons discovered that over 80 percent with the visitors to casinos were considering also doing something apart from gambling. So the casino becomes an anchor for other tourism attractions like family water parks.
9. The casinos create new lines of cooperative economic development between American get more info Indians and non-Indian entrepreneurs.
10. Casinos give you a magnet for outside money that would not previously exist.
11. Local resident who utilized to travel outside with the area now stays within the region.
12. More construction jobs are created building casinos.
13. Gambling is an accepted opportinity for governments to improve funds. It is seen as an source of money that is certainly easier to obtain since it is not a tax on individuals.
14. In several communities the next businesses showed an increase in profits, attendance, and customers after an internet casino came to their area:
a. Retail stores
c. Local arts and crafts shows
d. Hunting and fishing activities
e. Horse trail rides
f. Festivals and events had higher attendance
g. Movie theaters
h. Historical sites were visited more frequently
i. Scenic drives
j. Walking trails
k. Water parks
l. Biking trails
m. Roller skating
n. Fitness centers
Negative facets of a casino in Enid
1. Tourism dollars hinge about how well the casino pays out. Winners may spend freely, but losers may return purchases and cut their hotel stays short.
2. For some gambling becomes a dependency.
3. Gambling kills time, and subtracts from time allocated to useful endeavors.
4. Locally-owned businesses go bankrupt because consumers have changed their expenditures to casinos.
5. Wealthy Indian gaming tribes pour millions of dollars into political campaigns at both state and federal levels. (Source: Special Investigation by Donald L. Barlett and James B,. Steele, Time Magazine, December 2002.)
6. Wealthy Indian gaming tribes can also be influencing gambling along with other policies affecting Native Americans by handing a lot to influential lobbying firms. (Source: Special Investigation by Donald L. Barlett and James B, Steele, Time Magazine, December 2002.)
7. In towns with casino's, there is surely an increase inside following:
e. Domestic violence
f. Drug and alcohol addiction
What is Gambling Addiction?
Gambling addiction is called an action addiction. When gambling, the endocrine system, adrenaline and endorphins, are self-produced. As the person gambles often, it leads to tolerance to the adrenaline and endorphins, so that it takes more gambling and higher stakes, to obtain the equal high. Recent studies show that slot machine gambling illuminates the human brain exactly as cocaine does. (Source: Stop the Casino 101 Coalition)
If an internet casino were to petition to find downtown Enid, an amount be your opinion? Do you think it could enhance our community or bring social problems natural meats not want to deal with?